A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets to Ameriprise Financial (NYSE:AMP):
- 08/04/2022 – Ameriprise Financial had its price target lowered by Morgan Stanley analysts from $338.00 to $335.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 06/04/2022 – Ameriprise Financial has been downgraded by analysts at Piper Sandler from a “neutral” rating to an “underweight” rating. They now have a price target of $310.00 on the stock, down from $325.00 previously.
- 06/04/2022 – Ameriprise Financial has been downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a price target of $316.00 on the stock. According to Zacks, “Ameriprise shares have outperformed the industry over the past year. Its earnings have exceeded Zacks’ consensus estimate in each of the past four quarters. The company remains poised for impressive growth of revenue driven by its strong assets under management (AUM) balances, diversified investment portfolio and business restructuring initiatives The acquisition of BMO’s asset management business in the EMEA region will likely be accretive to earnings in the period ahead.Given a strong balance sheet, Ameriprise’s capital deployment plans appear sustainable and will improve shareholder value.However, the continued rise in expenses (mainly due to technology upgrades) and cash outflows in the asset management (AM) segment are major short-term issues. ture to the turbulent nature of the stock markets has us worried.
- 4/4/2022 – Ameriprise Financial has had its price target raised by analysts at Jefferies Financial Group Inc. from $325.00 to $350.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 03/31/2022 – Ameriprise Financial is now covered by StockNews.com analysts. They have placed a “holding” rating on the stock.
- 03/01/2022 – Ameriprise Financial has been downgraded by Piper Sandler analysts from an “overweight” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a price target of $325.00 on the stock, down from $370.00 previously.
- 02/22/2022 – Ameriprise Financial has had its price target raised by Morgan Stanley analysts from $325.00 to $338.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
AMP stock traded at $11.63 midday Friday, hitting $280.08. The company’s shares had a trading volume of 722,791 shares, compared to an average volume of 665,710. The company has a market capitalization of $30.97 billion, a PE ratio of 12.14 and a beta of 1, 51. Ameriprise Financial, Inc. has a 12-month low of $236.35 and a 12-month high of $332.37. The company has a current ratio of 1.02, a quick ratio of 1.02 and a debt ratio of 0.88. The company’s 50-day moving average is $293.78 and its 200-day moving average is $299.27.
Ameriprise Financial (NYSE:AMP – Get Rating) last released quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, January 26. The financial services provider reported earnings per share (EPS) of $6.15 for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $5.77 by $0.38. The company posted revenue of $3.71 billion for the quarter, versus $3.56 billion expected by analysts. Ameriprise Financial had a return on equity of 48.36% and a net margin of 20.55%. The company’s quarterly revenue increased 18.1% year over year. During the same period a year earlier, the company posted EPS of $4.53. Analysts expect Ameriprise Financial, Inc. to post earnings per share of 25.56 for the current year.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Monday, February 28. Investors of record on Friday, February 11 received a dividend of $1.13. The ex-dividend date was Thursday, February 10. This represents an annualized dividend of $4.52 and a yield of 1.61%. Ameriprise Financial’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is currently 19.59%.
In other news from Ameriprise Financial, Vice President Karen Wilson Thissen sold 6,444 shares of the company in a trade on Friday, February 11. The shares were sold at an average price of $313.88, for a total transaction of $2,022,642.72. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, accessible via this link. Additionally, CFO Walter Stanley Berman sold 5,000 shares of the company in a transaction on Monday, February 7. The shares were sold at an average price of $311.00, for a total transaction of $1,555,000.00. The disclosure of this sale can be found here. Insiders sold a total of 103,106 shares of the company worth $32,258,469 in the past ninety days. 1.00% of the shares are currently held by insiders.
Several large investors have recently bought and sold shares of AMP. Stephens Inc. AR increased its stake in shares of Ameriprise Financial by 4.4% in the third quarter. Stephens Inc. AR now owns 943 shares of the financial services provider worth $249,000 after buying 40 more shares in the last quarter. Vontobel Holding SA increased its stake in Ameriprise Financial shares by 2.5% in the third quarter. Vontobel Holding Ltd. now owns 3,526 shares of the financial services provider worth $931,000 after buying 87 more shares in the last quarter. Commonwealth Equity Services LLC increased its stake in Ameriprise Financial shares by 0.8% in Q3. Commonwealth Equity Services LLC now owns 25,527 shares of the financial services provider worth $6,742,000 after buying an additional 215 shares last quarter. GWM Advisors LLC increased its stake in Ameriprise Financial by 3.9% in Q3. GWM Advisors LLC now owns 2,993 shares of the financial services provider worth $790,000 after purchasing 113 additional shares during the period. Finally, Nordea Investment Management AB increased its stake in Ameriprise Financial by 100.0% in the third quarter. Nordea Investment Management AB now owns 13,156 shares of the financial services provider worth $3,578,000 after purchasing an additional 6,578 shares during the period. Hedge funds and other institutional investors own 80.53% of the company’s shares.
Ameriprise Financial, Inc, through its subsidiaries, provides various financial products and services to individual and institutional clients in the United States and abroad. It operates through four segments: Advisory and Wealth Management, Asset Management, Retirement and Protection Solutions, and Business and Others.
Receive daily news and reviews for Ameriprise Financial Inc. – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of breaking news and analyst ratings for Ameriprise Financial Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s free daily email newsletter.